• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Opening a claim vs a Poker company?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carol1963

My state is Arizona.

I transferred money on FullTiltPoker but mistakenly made it to the wrong ID (for a little over 500). I contacted their support and they said they would email that ID, but couldn't help if the person wouldn't send it back. To me, that's theft. I emailed them within 10 minutes of it happening too so there is absolutely no excuse. The money isn't even a big deal, it's the idea.

So my question is, do you think with them being such a large company there's a good chance they would send back the money without even showing up if I filed? If they do show up, I don't know what proof I can show other than my online account transaction history on their website, and my word that it was to the wrong account. Not sure if that's enough or what is necessary. I do know most big companies would rather just settle than show up though, so I guess my best hope should be on that?

racer72

Go right ahead and sue them, Full Tilt Poker is headquartered in the United Kingdom, you will have to file your lawsuit there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">