• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rv sale /trade owner broke contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brandyatorrez

I filed a small claims complaint on somebody who I was going to buy an RV from. I had given him $660 in cash and we were going to trade some furniture items that I had. He understood and knew that I was going to be driving a big trailer from Dickinson to Billings. I had moved stuff in and then all of a sudden he told me to get everything out. So I did but then he refused to give me my $660 he wants me to dismiss it and then he'll pay me but I don't trust him. Should I take it to the court date because I'm also suing him for the $600 it cost me to move the furniture from Dickinson to Billings. But yesterday I told him that if he paid me the 660 I would dismiss it.

If I took it to court, he was in the wrong right? He's the one that cancelled the contract between us. I mean why would he give me the furniture back but not the money? I mean you would think he would have kept it all if he felt like he had a right to it. Does he have a right to it? I mean I don't have the title or the RV yet he has my money. Will i win the case?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I filed a small claims complaint on somebody who I was going to buy an RV from. I had given him $660 in cash and we were going to trade some furniture items that I had. He understood and knew that I was going to be driving a big trailer from Dickinson to Billings. I had moved stuff in and then all of a sudden he told me to get everything out. So I did but then he refused to give me my $660 he wants me to dismiss it and then he'll pay me but I don't trust him. Should I take it to the court date because I'm also suing him for the $600 it cost me to move the furniture from Dickinson to Billings. But yesterday I told him that if he paid me the 660 I would dismiss it.

If I took it to court, he was in the wrong right? He's the one that cancelled the contract between us. I mean why would he give me the furniture back but not the money? I mean you would think he would have kept it all if he felt like he had a right to it. Does he have a right to it? I mean I don't have the title or the RV yet he has my money. Will i win the case?
This forum is for US law matters only...and even here in the US, there's no way we could tell you if you "will" win (or lose) the case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">