• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

signature forgery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jj2252002

hi my name is james jones i live in louisiana and my girlfriend just received a summon to go to court. the officer said the charges was forgery and theft. she was married to a guy named r. kell
and the only thing she can think of was she signed the creit card print out, but she didnt sign it r. kell.. she signed it Mrs. r .p
. kell.. they were stil married at this time. is that considered signature forgery

JETX

"is that considered signature forgery"
If they were married at that time and had the right to use that name, then her signing in her married name is probably not forgery.

However, since you don't know all the facts and don't even know if this is the source of the violation, any conjecture on guilt or innocence would be just that.... conjecture.

HomeGuru

I wholeheartedly agree as to the conjecture theory.
And offer one point; if she was not an authorized signor on the credit card account, then she may have a problem.
Who are these people anyway, Gangsta rappers?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">