• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims Court, can we file Harassment charges in court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eyeglow

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CALIF.

We have a neighbor who has cleared his land of brush, put in a steep drive way with NO drainage. We contacted the building dept and they are making him put in culverts to divert the water shed. However, my other neighbor and I have gone to expense in stopping the damage from his water shed flowing onto our properties... which is in vein. So we're going to small claims court. However, this neighbor has been calling every county agency he can and filing false reports on both of us. All the agencies currently know that he's just trying to get back at us for his stupid mistake.

My question to anyone: While were in small claims court, can we also show the judge the agencies that he's called out and the false claims he's submitted in order to get the court to make him stop? I have asked for the reports from these agencies but they say I need a court order and then they would be happy to release them.

The Animal Control was sent out here yesterday to both of us saying we have no water, no food, tons of manure, and horses and dogs are very, very thin. Well needless to say the gal laughed at how chubby my dogs were and that my pasture is clean with two tubs of water, (175 gal and 250 gal) and a ton of hay was stacked. She said I could call her office and get a written report from them to show the judge.

We're just not sure we can take the harassment charge into small claims court when we ask for our money back for trying to save our property?

Thanks,

racer72

Small claims court is for actual monetary damages only, it appears you need to make a civil complaint with your local police department. They can suggest a restraining order against the neighbor all the way to having the DA file criminal charges. You should talk to a local attorney that could better explain what options are available to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">