• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what decision will judge make?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marcjacobs

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I've been wanting to go take my case to small claims curt. Problem is the other persons lawyer said if I had the time and money to do it for me to go ahead. Because I would have to pay court fees plus all their bill like gas money and their time money I'm gessing lawyer fees and money that other person lost while wasting time in court.

Is this true? I mean I'm the one that has to pay court fees and what not since I wanna do a writ for some appliances that belong to me .

PLEASE help me out...

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I've been wanting to go take my case to small claims curt. Problem is the other persons lawyer said if I had the time and money to do it for me to go ahead. Because I would have to pay court fees plus all their bill like gas money and their time money I'm gessing lawyer fees and money that other person lost while wasting time in court.

Is this true? I mean I'm the one that has to pay court fees and what not since I wanna do a writ for some appliances that belong to me .

PLEASE help me out...
The FA Crystal Ball is out for repairs. Who knows if you will win? We know nothing about your case.

I can tell you that judges won't award time lost from work or transportation/gas costs to either party. Those are seen as expected costs one incurs having to bring a case to court. You MIGHT have to pay their attorney fees (not sure on this one, some courts award it based on the type of case, some do not) if you lose.

Each side pays their own court costs, but you can recover yours if you win. The other side can countersue (if justified), and if their countersuit wins, then you would have to pay their court costs as part of their judgment against you.

marcjacobs

a bit more about my case

I lived with a fam member for a month. At first id thought it be longer and they had no tvs so I got 2 under credit after a month I moved out without hving a place to put em I asked if I could leave em behind and go for thm when I had space they agreed. Then later a month or so "someone broke in" and all they took were the tvs I had to replace them I had insurance. My fam wanted bigger ones I said ok they said they would help pay for hem since they wire using em.I said fine I had no reason to think they wuld F me over like they did. after gwtting them bigger they paid about 150 with their credit card then I gave half back cash. After that then they gave 20 then 7 months lateri came to fnd out they neve gave any more money. I found out told em I was going to pick them up. They got on me saing why and all this stuff then they would ignore me and not return calls or nothing. The they said we will take em personally but never did. I got fed up after giving them s much time I called the cops to ther housethey wuldnt open the door to the cops and they said not much they could do. That I would have to tak em to court. I did my 10 day letter notice then thas when I head back that "according to them" their lawyer said I would lose cus they had receipts where they paid and then the rest about me having to pay for their time.Thing is I have a 4 to 5 thousand debt under my name and the contract under my name. But their lawyer apparently has paper work idk from where but they have papers I'm sure faked under their name. Stating those tvs belong to them. And he said in the end I would lose cus I've never made any payments an they have more info like receipts and the tvs in their home.

Sorry for writing too much just getting as much info as I can

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">