• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Window cleaner/roof cleaner threatening to sue us?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elijah1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

We had a window cleaner/roof cleaner out for an estimate initially, he gave us a hand written list of quotes of services we would like done. He came out to remove the moss from our roof, treat the roof with moss removal, and clean our gutters. He never had us sign anything or fill out any paperwork. When he "completed" the job he had not cleaned our gutters and did poor work on the moss removal. When confronted he got extremely irate and said that gutter cleaning does not mean washing gutters, just cleaning the debris inside, this was not written anywhere on his quote, also, we don't have trees near the gutters so there was not any debris to be removed. We then asked to look at the work he did an tell us what he thought we should pay, he would not, he left yelling at us that he was going to sue us and we would have to pay court cost. This made my children extremely upset and are now afraid that the "scary man" is going to come back and harm our family. He never gave us a bill to pay...what do we do next?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

We had a window cleaner/roof cleaner out for an estimate initially, he gave us a hand written list of quotes of services we would like done. He came out to remove the moss from our roof, treat the roof with moss removal, and clean our gutters. He never had us sign anything or fill out any paperwork. When he "completed" the job he had not cleaned our gutters and did poor work on the moss removal. When confronted he got extremely irate and said that gutter cleaning does not mean washing gutters, just cleaning the debris inside, this was not written anywhere on his quote, also, we don't have trees near the gutters so there was not any debris to be removed. We then asked to look at the work he did an tell us what he thought we should pay, he would not, he left yelling at us that he was going to sue us and we would have to pay court cost. This made my children extremely upset and are now afraid that the "scary man" is going to come back and harm our family. He never gave us a bill to pay...what do we do next?
I would suggest that you give the guy a call and offer to pay for the service he provided at the quoted rate.

I would suggest that you give the guy a call and offer to pay for the service he provided at the quoted rate.
Hahaha you should change your moniker to "just pay it"

I wouldn't pay him if not happy that he did not perform under the terms of the contract.

Serve him with a no-tresspass notice (copy your police dept) -- that will keep him off your land (unless he is a complete idiot). Certified mail.

If he wants to be paid he'll take you to court for judgment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">