• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

disabilty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nanabee2

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?OKLAHOMAundefinedokWhat is the name of your state?
I have been on SS disability for about 5 years. It is permanent. I worked very little before my kids were born and I was a stay at home mom. I am only 46 now. My check is 225.00 per month. That doesn't even cover my medications.
My husband makes about 100.00 over the limit for the SSI. It is like I am being punished for being a stay at home mom for my kids. Is there anything else I can do? I hate being such a burden on my husband.Thanks :)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

nanabee2 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?OKLAHOMAundefinedokWhat is the name of your state?
I have been on SS disability for about 5 years. It is permanent. I worked very little before my kids were born and I was a stay at home mom. I am only 46 now. My check is 225.00 per month. That doesn't even cover my medications.
My husband makes about 100.00 over the limit for the SSI. It is like I am being punished for being a stay at home mom for my kids. Is there anything else I can do? I hate being such a burden on my husband.Thanks :)

My response:

What do you mean by, "Is there anything else I can do?"

Is there a legal question?

IAAL

N

nanabee2

I am sorry I wasn't more clear. I meant is there any other program through Social Security that I could get on?
(Even in a divorce situation, when the mom stays home, she is counted as earning minimum wage) it seems to me if they (the state) can use that in that situation ,there should be something in place of that nature when a person becomes disabled and was a mother and wife all of her adult life.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

nanabee2 said:
I am sorry I wasn't more clear. I meant is there any other program through Social Security that I could get on?
(Even in a divorce situation, when the mom stays home, she is counted as earning minimum wage) it seems to me if they (the state) can use that in that situation ,there should be something in place of that nature when a person becomes disabled and was a mother and wife all of her adult life.

My response:

What's your disability, and it's extent?

IAAL

N

nanabee2

MY back needs surgery every few months, something is wrong with the discs. I have joint problems, hands, they are going to replace my knees. I have chronic pain,fibromyalgia,severe arthritis, I cannot navigate on my own. There are other problems, bladder,bowel etc.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

nanabee2 said:
MY back needs surgery every few months, something is wrong with the discs. I have joint problems, hands, they are going to replace my knees. I have chronic pain,fibromyalgia,severe arthritis, I cannot navigate on my own. There are other problems, bladder,bowel etc.

My response:

So, basically, when you have to answer one of those "Have you ever had . . .? questionnaires, you check all the boxes and get 100%.

Have you tried Welfare and / or Food Stamps?

IAAL

N

nanabee2

disabled

No not all. My husband makes to much for welfare.

Why do I get the feeling on here no one really wants to help:

Last edited by a moderator:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

nanabee2 said:
Why do I get the feeling on here no one really wants to help, they just want to be a smart a** with their answers?????????????????????? :confused:

My response:

Do you get that feeling too?

I think you're right,
Good luck.

IAAL

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">