• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

repay ltd pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

benspawpaw

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ga
i am now on long term disability for which i paid for thru my job i have applied for ssd the ltd ins co which is hartford says when i get my ssd and get a lump sum payment i must repay them the amount they have paid in ltd benefits is this a law or do they just hope i will give them money back if it is the law i will pay if not then why would they ask me to repay:confused:

las365

Read the LTD policy. It probably contains a provision that allows the carrier to reduce your LTD benefits by the amount of SSD you receive. My sister became disabled last year and that is the case with her LTD.

Insurance policies can be hard to understand. If you have a social worker or someone at your doctor's office who helps the patients with financial aid, they may be able to help you read and understand your LTD policy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">