• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

should I go on ssi or start a businesss

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ashliew

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california

I applied for ssi several years ago
I recently had a hearing
had been rejected severl times
it looks like i could get the money this time
they said there are no jobs i could do in my condition

I have been studying computers for several years however never finished high school

this year i got access to hundreds of dollars in free training for business and a coding scholarship from google

i want to own my own business but i may not be eligible for ticket to work because of the circumstances of my case

I know there is no guarantee in business but I want to become financially independent but cant do a 9-5 nor do i want to

just looking for advice about how to handle situation

commentator

The types of work you could get and do in some sort of "work from home" situation are very limited. In fact, I don't think that in my long history of working with the department of Labor and jobs and such that I ever saw anyone get something involving a work from home job that made them a living wage without an IT degree and employment with a big and prominent company, after experience and lots of work in the field on site in various workplaces . There are some medical coding jobs that could be worked from home, but those require considerable expenditure of work time and hours, after very specific training in that particular field. most people who do this for a while do not stay with it very long or find it easy to do.

Opening your own business is something I think you should consider only after you have been established in your disability and achieved some sort of basis for being able to get by and at the same time not completely having to restart your disability process.

I think you must be talking about social security disability, not SSI, as they are certainly two different animals and one is needs based, the other is pulled up according to your own work record AND the decision that you are totally disabled. If you have been going through with the appeals process on Social Security Disability this long, why not wait until it is set up and you are actually approved before you consider any sort of small business you might later feel like opening.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">