• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arizona Set Aside

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

drivotech

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ARIZONA

Hello all,

I had gotten a reckless driving a few months ago. I have completed all assigned court orders, and I am trying to get this issue "set aside" (aka expunged) as It has definately ruined my career. Does anyone know what happens in these set aside hearings? What should I be prepared with? I am eligable for set aside, but the state prosecutor is opposing it, so I have to stand in front of a judge. Any help pleeeaaaase?? I need to know everything about this as I am representing myself. Thanks in advance for your help.

drivotech

Well, I do some automotive engineering work for my job, and I have to drive the vehicles sometimes. I found out that a Set-aside will not enable me to regain drivers license status.... So, I am pretty much lost.. This is just mind blowing to me, I was speeding but since I had any sign of alcohol in me, I have to stick with a reckless driving. I should have faught it, but I didnt know the consiquences of this conviction. I am still currently working, but I do not forsee it lasting very long. I have informed my boss, and he wants to keep it a secret and keep me out of driving cars so that I can continue my work there, unfortunetly, since I am such an elite worker, I have somewhat been obtained to do more extensive work for higher up employees that will eventually require me to drive, which I will absolutely not do. Oh well I guess, Military isnt so bad! wow.... what a waste of all my work. Just a note to everyone out there - IT DOES NOT PAY TO EVEN HAVE 1 DRINK WHILE YOU ARE OUT. ESPECIALLY ON A CROTCH ROCKET!

The Occultist

Your best option is to have representation of an attorney. A local attorney knows exactly what the courts want to hear and as such will have the best opportunity to provide the most favorable outcome. Many attorneys will offer a free/cheap consultation so you should take advantage of that and sit down with a couple to see what insight they may have to offer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">