• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collection Agency trying to collect for 2011 cracked windshield

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mimimurguia3

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA I received a letter from collection agency threatening me with DMV suspension for a 2011 ticket which I think is a cracked windshield ticket. My DMV record has no FTAs or FTPs on it & shows no citations at all. I checked the Fresno County web site & they show no outstanding tickets for me either. Should I ignore this letter

Last edited:

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Ignoring problems does not cause them to go away.

How do you know it's for a cracked windshield?

LdiJ

Ignoring problems does not cause them to go away.

How do you know it's for a cracked windshield?
I don't think that is the issue Highwayman. I think that the issue is that the collection agency may be going after him in error, since his record appears to be clean.

What do you suggest that the OP do in that scenario?

adjusterjack

Records available online might not go back as far as 2011. OP may have to make a personal visit to the court or DMV for older records.

Or he can demand documentation from the collection agency.

Either way, I agree that ignoring it is not a good idea.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I don't think that is the issue Highwayman. I think that the issue is that the collection agency may be going after him in error, since his record appears to be clean.

The OP doesn't claim to have paid the ticket previously.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Answer my question. ;)

Either he KNOWS he got a ticket and it was for a cracked windshield or the collection agency stated such in their notice to him. I would just like the OP to clarify.

Did he get a ticket in 2011 and take care of it then (i.e. it was mistakenly sent to collections) or is it something he is claiming no knowledge of at all?

LdiJ

Answer my question. ;)

Either he KNOWS he got a ticket and it was for a cracked windshield or the collection agency stated such in their notice to him. I would just like the OP to clarify.

Did he get a ticket in 2011 and take care of it then (i.e. it was mistakenly sent to collections) or is it something he is claiming no knowledge of at all?
Ok, I see your point. I was reading it as if he had not knowledge of it at all. At a second reading I can see why it might need to be clarified.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">