• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this going to effect my insurance?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lightning11

Im from NJ. I got pulled over today for doing 80+ on the highway. The cop who pulled me over let me off kind of easy and just gave me a "Obstruction of windshield for vision" ticket, which is a 54$ fine and 0 points (apparently). Im just wondering how this will effect my insurance.

FlyingRon

There's no statutory insurance scoring/rate setting in NJ (though the insurance system is pretty darned corrupt to begin with, the problem with having the state legislature primariliy populated with personal injury attorneys). It is entirely up to your insurance company. What won't happen as a result of an equipment violation ticket is that you'll be subject to any points or potential state surcharges (that kick in at six points).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">