• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got a careless driving ticket in NJ that I should not have gotten.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eerlikh

I'm from New Jersey.

I was at a traffic light during rush hour. The light turned green. Everyone was accelerating, the car in front of me suddenly slammed the breaks. Two cars in front of him crashed.

I slammed the brake as soon as I could and bumped the bumper of the car in front of me, he was blocking my view of the accident I want to add. No damage was done to either cars. The guy still decided to call an ambulance, and I got a careless driving ticket.

Was I a careless driver in that situation??? I think I reacted rather well and was the opposite of careless. No one was hurt, no damage was done.

I plan on pleading not guilty, any advice??

OHRoadwarrior

As you were not paying enough attention to avoid hitting the car in front of you, that qualifies as careless. Next time, don't be so fast on the throttle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">