• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Natchez Trace speeding (Federal)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jordekurt

What is the name of your state? TN
Hi!
I was pulled over on Natchez Trace Parkway by a Park Ranger. He cited me with going 70 in a 50 zone (70-40-00) ???. The offense charged is
36 CFR 4.21 He pulled me over coming towards me and he said he always has his radar on.

I am a little worried as this is a federal ticket given on a national park and I have read that this may be treated as a "criminal offense"
link: www.law.nyu.edu/journals/ lawreview/issues/vol79/no6/NYU608.pdf
(please search (ctrl+F) for speeding).

What are the implications? He is not forcing me to appear in court and I can pay the collateral of $100 by mail within 21 days or I can request to appear in court. I asked the officer if I could beg the judge and he said yes, I should mark the "I plead not quilty and promise to appear as required" box and tell the judge that I am quilty and ask for community service/mercy/etc.
2 or 3 successful/off in the last 2 years or so he said but you never know really....
I told him I am a student, don't have much money, and that I am worried about my insurance going up. (That's my biggest worry!) I ve been pulled over by Nashville metro before.In the last three years, but I went to school once and the other time I got a warning (very nice officer). So, I want to keep my record clean but I am most worried that State Farm is going to skin me alive!
I am about to turn 21, I've been driving for 4 years. Motor for 1.5yrs. Clean record. This ticket is on my motorcycle (i dont have a car).
What are my chances in getting help from the judge keeping in mind this is a U.S. District Court (federal stuff!) I've been told that its better to run from these officers than to get a ticket! I wouldt/didnt do that but now I am worried.. Do I need to wear a suit to this federal court? (i don't have one!)
He also wrote cbr 600, SB (?sports bike?), and Vandy Student on my ticket under the court address bar along with my address!

I think the court is in Columbia,TN (1.5 hrs away from Nashville).
Any suggestions?
Thank you very very much for any help. Jordn.

BelizeBreeze

jordekurt said:
What is the name of your state? TN
Hi!
I was pulled over on Natchez Trace Parkway by a Park Ranger. He cited me with going 70 in a 50 zone (70-40-00) ???. The offense charged is
36 CFR 4.21 He pulled me over coming towards me and he said he always has his radar on.
O.K. so you got caught.
I am a little worried as this is a federal ticket given on a national park and I have read that this may be treated as a "criminal offense"
link: www.law.nyu.edu/journals/ lawreview/issues/vol79/no6/NYU608.pdf
(please search (ctrl+F) for speeding).
You should be. It's going to be handled in the Federal system, not Davidson county.
[/quote]
What are the implications? He is not forcing me to appear in court and I can pay the collateral of $100 by mail within 21 days or I can request to appear in court. I asked the officer if I could beg the judge and he said yes, I should mark the "I plead not quilty and promise to appear as required" box and tell the judge that I am quilty and ask for community service/mercy/etc.
2 or 3 successful/off in the last 2 years or so he said but you never know really....
Pay the money because if you don't you'll have to appear in a court system you know nothing about. If you had made it just a little farther you would have been on Hwy 100 and a regular ticket.
I told him I am a student, don't have much money, and that I am worried about my insurance going up. (That's my biggest worry!) I ve been pulled over by Nashville metro before.In the last three years, but I went to school once and the other time I got a warning (very nice officer). So, I want to keep my record clean but I am most worried that State Farm is going to skin me alive!
Then you haven't learned anything from the break you've been given.
I am about to turn 21, I've been driving for 4 years. Motor for 1.5yrs. Clean record. This ticket is on my motorcycle (i dont have a car).
Then you don't have a clean record.
What are my chances in getting help from the judge keeping in mind this is a U.S. District Court (federal stuff!) I've been told that its better to run from these officers than to get a ticket! I wouldt/didnt do that but now I am worried.. Do I need to wear a suit to this federal court? (i don't have one!)
He also wrote cbr 600, SB (?sports bike?), and Vandy Student on my ticket under the court address bar along with my address!
You've got to be kidding. Speeding on a Federal park highway. :rolleyes:
I think the court is in Columbia,TN (1.5 hrs away from Nashville).
Any suggestions?
Thank you very very much for any help. Jordn.
Think again :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">