• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Tickets in two states

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cherryblossoms

Back in September I got a speeding ticket in Pennsylvania on my PA license. I paid the ticket without realizing how many points I was getting (4 pts!). This was my first offense. I decided to appeal the ticket and my court date was set for mid-December. October comes and I am offered a job out of state in Ohio. I move I change my license. I am able to get the PA court date pushed to mid-March, so I may appeal my ticket. This past Sunday (2/11) I was traveling from Pittsburgh to Cincinnati. I got pulled over on I-70 near Cambridge, OH for doing 81 in a 70. I learned my lesson from last time and immediately asked the officer if I would be getting any points. He told me I would be getting two points, so I have decided to fight the ticket to try and get the points taken off.

My question is: will the pending appeal for the PA ticket affect the Ohio ticket or will it come up in court?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Back in September I got a speeding ticket in Pennsylvania on my PA license. I paid the ticket without realizing how many points I was getting (4 pts!). This was my first offense. I decided to appeal the ticket and my court date was set for mid-December. October comes and I am offered a job out of state in Ohio. I move I change my license. I am able to get the PA court date pushed to mid-March, so I may appeal my ticket. This past Sunday (2/11) I was traveling from Pittsburgh to Cincinnati. I got pulled over on I-70 near Cambridge, OH for doing 81 in a 70. I learned my lesson from last time and immediately asked the officer if I would be getting any points. He told me I would be getting two points, so I have decided to fight the ticket to try and get the points taken off.

My question is: will the pending appeal for the PA ticket affect the Ohio ticket or will it come up in court?

Thanks in advance for the help!
It might - computers are a marvelous invention.
You may wish to speak with a local traffic attorney about this matter.

And...you obviously did not learn your lesson from last time :rolleyes:

xylene

Points are assigned automatically. There is a pretty straightforward table for this. You really should understand and know the point system of your state. I say this because, don't mention this in court that you were unaware of the sanctions when arguing for a reduced punishment.

I think you really need 2 traffic lawyers, one for each state, because you don't need to do or say anything that will incriminate you.

Your driving privilege is valuable, defend it. Don't bank on assumptions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">