• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gump8

I wasn't paying how fast I was going on a road. A cop started to follow me and I had to come to a complete stop once I turned onto a different road because a cop pulled someone over. I go around and then the cop decides to turn his lights on. Can he do that?

CdwJava

I wasn't paying how fast I was going on a road. A cop started to follow me and I had to come to a complete stop once I turned onto a different road because a cop pulled someone over. I go around and then the cop decides to turn his lights on. Can he do that?
Yes, he can.

Last edited by a moderator:

PayrollHRGuy

Of course he can at least in the US.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Yes, he can do that. Why would you think it wouldn't be permitted? There is no rule that the cop has to pull you over immediately after observing your traffic violation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">