• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

business slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jgood

What is the name of your state? Arkansas.
I own a Healthcare Consultant Firm. Services include seminars educating in Medical Coding Rules, Guidelines, and Medicare Requirements and Regulations. I also work in a hospital taking phone orders and checking for Medical Necessity. I obtained physician's email off of my hospital's web site as well as countless other facilities. I emailed an advertisement (not as an attachment) to all from my home computer. This seminar is being held in a room in the hospital where I work, reserved in my firms name and telling them up front this was NOT connected to the hospital. One of the physicians called the CBO director and asked if this was something that was mandatory for them to attended. Instead of telling them it was up to them and that it was not sponsered by the hospital, she forwarded it to all administration and compliance officer with a paragraph of slander because I was an employee. I believe she also e mailed all of the physicians I had advertised to with a negative impact. The seminar is $99 for 4 hours with 3 CEUs and is intended for all medical personel. No where in the ad is the hospital referred to. Is there something I can do to stop her from damaging my business income and reputation? Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">