• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forming an LLC w/Corp as owner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alanga

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I am self-employed and Incorporated. The business entity is S-Corp and I pay wages. I was recently advised to create an LLC for my husband's small, home-based business and put my exisiting S-Corp as the owner of that LLC. Looking at various forms but do not see clearly how this is done so that the owner of the LLC is the existing INC. Is this done on the SS-4 when applying for a new EIN or at the state when forming the LLC or just as part of the operating agreement?? Thanks in advance for any advice.

clueless3

If you want the Corp to be the "owner" (ie, member) of the LLC, you can do it in 2 ways:

1) When you file the Articles of Organization, you can specify the Corp as a "managing member".

2) When you apply for the EIN, you can specify that the Corp is the "owner" of the LLC.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">