• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Liquor license for mobile bar truck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pippen429

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Looking for information on a liquor license to allow me to run a mobile bar truck service, serving directly out of the truck for events like weddings mostly. After researching online it looks like the only way to do this is to get a caterers permit, but it would have to be attached to an existing restaurant. Ideally, I would like to sell all types of liquor. Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance!

FlyingRon

There are firms that help you obtain ABC licenses. Your understanding is pretty much correct. To do what you want you are going to either need an event license for each event or a caterers permit. To get the caterers license requires you to have one of other ABC licenses, which for practical purposes for you needs to be a general on-sale permit (i.e., a bar/restaurant).

Note that the catering permit isn't carte blanche to drive your booze-on-wheels truck anywhere you want. You need to inform the ABC office where you'll be three days in advance. There are fees for both the permit (over and above the initial ABC licencse) and a $25 charge for each event you "cater." There are other restrictions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">