+ Reply to Thread

Question What are the Pros & Cons on transferring my corporation from PA to MD.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

My corporation (domestic business) is in Pennsylvania. What are the Pros and Cons on transferring the corporation from PA to Maryland. In addition, if there are any suggestions on web links in case I have more questions in the future, I'd appreciate having them? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by mrbob13 View Post

My corporation (domestic business) is in Pennsylvania. What are the Pros and Cons on transferring the corporation from PA to Maryland. In addition, if there are any suggestions on web links in case I have more questions in the future, I'd appreciate having them? Thank you!
    Yours is not a legal question but a business decision. Why are you considering transferring your corporation from Pennsylvania to Maryland?

OK - it's not a legal question - here's why I'm considering the transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by quincy View Post
    Yours is not a legal question but a business decision. Why are you considering transferring your corporation from Pennsylvania to Maryland?
    Considering the transfer because I am now a resident of Maryland. I am uncertain as to how you would have preferred that I make this posting but I'll try it this way. What advice do you - or others - have for me with regard to this potential transfer?

Considering the transfer because I am now a resident of Maryland. I am uncertain as to how you would have preferred that I make this posting but I'll try it this way. What advice do you - or others - have for me with regard to this potential transfer?
    It is perhaps sounding a bit more like a legal question ... but it is still primarily a business decision you make based on your particular business and your particular wants and needs.

There are state registrations, filing fees, annual reports and tax issues (among other factors) to consider.

As a most general rule, it is easiest and tends to be less expensive to have your business located in your home state.

You now live in Maryland. But in what states will the corporation conduct business? Will it all be in Maryland or will your corporation still do business in Pennsylvania, too? Does it do business in any other states besides those? Are you the only owner? And what kind of business is it?

Following are two links to information that might help you answer the questions you have, the first to the US Small Business Administration on which is the best state to incorporate your business, and the second to Biz Filings on the best state in which to incorporate.

https://www.sba.gov/blogs/which-best...nline-business

https://www.bizfilings.com/toolkit/r...to-incorporate

Good luck with your business.

+ Reply to Thread