• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paying Taxes On Money Earned From Canadian Company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

md22

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? TX

I know there is another topic just below this one dealing with foreign earned income but I think my situation is different to an extent.

I live in Texas and I get paid every month by an online pay per click search engine. I'm an affiliate of their program. The company that pays me is in Canada but I live in Texas and the bank they use is in New York. How does this work? Do I pay taxes on these earnings or not? Also I am paid in US dollars if that matters.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Snipes5

Yes, you pay taxes on it. It's either self employment, or if it's very small amounts, probably can go on line 21 as "other income".

Snipes

M

md22

Snipes5 said:
Yes, you pay taxes on it. It's either self employment, or if it's very small amounts, probably can go on line 21 as "other income".

Snipes

Well damn. :mad: I figured I would have to, thanks for confirming. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">