• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

100+ mph in 70

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
I received a ticket for 100+ mph in a 70 (22348(b)) on the 101 in Monterey County, California. I just received the mandatory court notice for November 10th, which is difficult to make due to work and location (I live in Southern California).

My research has led me to lawyers being way too pricey for the advice, as $4,000-$5,000 with no reduction if guilty is absurd when that is the cost of my potential insurance increase.

With that in mind what steps can I take with a mandatory court appearance letter to post guilty and not step foot in Monterey. I have found there is an option under vechicle code 40902 to do a trial by written declaration, but this form (TR-205) appears to be for lesser offenses then which I have received.

I tried contacting the local DA, but the secretary said they do not handle these issues.

Last edited:


I know a very good traffic ticket attorney who is located in Monterey. David W.Brown. I have used him to assist me with a couple of my speeding tickets in the past.


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential