• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1031 Exchange

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

santafebuyer

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New Mexico

What percentage of taxes do you have to pay Uncle Sam if you decide to take the money and RUN- (not do the exchange)!! I have asked this question several times and get various answers from 15% to 20%, to mostly I don't know.

nextwife

Depends upon what your personal tax situation and several variables regarding basis, depreciation, etc.

Talk to YOUR accountant. They can tell you what your rate would be.

HomeGuru

santafebuyer said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New Mexico

What percentage of taxes do you have to pay Uncle Sam if you decide to take the money and RUN- (not do the exchange)!! I have asked this question several times and get various answers from 15% to 20%, to mostly I don't know.

**A: ok, here is your long awaited answer. You DO NOT have to pay any percentage of taxes if you take the money and RUN.
And the reason responders to you don't know is because we do not have enough info. We do not know the cost basis of the property, how said property was aquired ir purchase, exchange, gift etc. what type of property such as real property or mobile home, your personal tax bracket, what taxes you are referring to ie. capital gains, personal income, estate fiduciary...... We also don't know where you are running to ie. Mexico, Canada, Tahiti, Japan, Greenland, Antartica, Middle East, New York ..................Furthermore, this is the real estate forum. You need to post all tax questions in the proper Tax Law forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">