• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
Idaho bankrupcty and Current Utah Resident
I recieved a 1099-A for the home I filed bankruptcy on. The bankruptcy was completed in June 2004.
I am not sure what to do with the form and my taxes. Does everything fall under non tax-able because You are insolvent or bankrupt ?
The Principal outstanding was $61624.62 and the Fair Market Value was$79,900. Is this a gain or a loss?
Do I even need to include this information on my tax returns and if so where?
Thank You


Junior Member
State Idaho
This bankruptcy was a chapter 13 non business. It was for my personal home.
I have not found anything about personal bankruptcies and 1099-a. I looked at the forms above and still feel that it doesn't apply to my taxes. Let me know if there is anything else I can look at.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential