• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

11 year old son babysitting 5 and 2 year old siblings home alone while mom works

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

I realize this was two generations ago, but I was babysitting my siblings, who would have been 5, 6 and 7, when I was 11.
I was too, but mine were 9, 7 and 4. I also occasionally babysat the next door neighbor's infant at 11 as well.

LdiJ

Being responsible for a 2 yo all day certainly is for even an older CHILD. While the 11 might be able to handle a 5 yo for an extended period of time, I ( as having mothered 4 - 3 of whom were extremely responsible for their age) would prefer to see the 2 yo with an adult
What any of us prefer is basically irrelevant. What is relevant is what the law allows and/or what a judge feels is appropriate under the circumstances.

LdiJ

I realize this was two generations ago, but I was babysitting my siblings, who would have been 5, 6 and 7, when I was 11.
I babysat my own three siblings at the same age, and occasionally babysat the next door neighbor's infant.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">