• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

13 yr old Nephew abused. What can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


texas whistle

My husband and I want information on adopting our
nephew. The parents divorced, lives with dad and step-
mom, moms in another state (doesn't really want him)
and dad has had CPS called on them 3 times for abuse.
first 2 times the child was intimidated by father and
changed story. This time does not want to give up.
What do we need to do. The Father would not want us to
get him.Also right now the child (13) has been picked
up for running away. He (child) really wants out.



You need to hire an attorney. http://www.attorneypages.com or call your state bar association. Also, the child, in many states, is now old enough to testify on hiw own behalf.

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationhip.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential