• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

14 month old daughter hurt at daycare

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bhamilton12

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Kentucky

My daughter who is 14 months old was at daycare two days ago and we received a phone call that she had fell and needed stitches. After asking questions we found out that one of the daycare workers had her on the top of a picnic table (adult size) and she fell off and hit the corner of the seat. She required 12 stitches total from a plastic surgeon and had to be put to sleep to do it. The plastic surgeon also said she have pretty severe scar that can be taken care of later. Is there an issue of negligence?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

bhamilton12 said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Kentucky

My daughter who is 14 months old was at daycare two days ago and we received a phone call that she had fell and needed stitches. After asking questions we found out that one of the daycare workers had her on the top of a picnic table (adult size) and she fell off and hit the corner of the seat. She required 12 stitches total from a plastic surgeon and had to be put to sleep to do it. The plastic surgeon also said she have pretty severe scar that can be taken care of later. Is there an issue of negligence?

My response:

How old are you? What is the highest grade level you completed?

IAAL

bhamilton12

Don't understand the question

I am 26 years old, my wife is 32--I have only an associates degree and she has a masters degree in social work.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

bhamilton12 said:
I am 26 years old, my wife is 32--I have only an associates degree and she has a masters degree in social work.

My response:

And, between the two of you, at your ages, and educational levels, neither of you can answer your own obvious question?

Incredible.

I thought, perhaps, I was reading a post by a 17 year old high school drop out.

IAAL

bhamilton12

The answer is yes?

I assume by your response that the daycare would be liable and it would be in our best interest to retain an attorney? I appologize for being nieve, but I just wanted to make sure before I called an attorney on Monday.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

bhamilton12 said:
I assume by your response that the daycare would be liable and it would be in our best interest to retain an attorney? I appologize for being nieve, but I just wanted to make sure before I called an attorney on Monday.

My response:

I'm sorry. I just noticed you're from a Dufus State. Now, I understand why you asked such an obvious question. Is there a trailer in your story?

IAAL

bhamilton12

Wow

I sure thought that this website would be helpful, but all I've found is proof of what I suspected when I visited California, people in CA are extremely arrogant and obnoxious. Not everyone has practiced law for 24 or 25 years which ever it is and I was just trying to find a little advice to help pay for medical bills that were ultimately caused by someone else. I appologize for posting at the time I did, If I would have posted earlier or later then maybe you wouldn't have been bothered by someone from the east. You must really bury yourself in your work, because you have fell short of learning manners etiquette. Thanks for your help

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

bhamilton12 said:
I sure thought that this website would be helpful, but all I've found is proof of what I suspected when I visited California, people in CA are extremely arrogant and obnoxious. Not everyone has practiced law for 24 or 25 years which ever it is and I was just trying to find a little advice to help pay for medical bills that were ultimately caused by someone else. I appologize for posting at the time I did, If I would have posted earlier or later then maybe you wouldn't have been bothered by someone from the east. You must really bury yourself in your work, because you have fell short of learning manners etiquette. Thanks for your help

My response:

I don't do "manners" or "etiquette". This is a legal site, not Miss Manners. Do you know what "logic" means?

Did you really need someone to give you an answer to such an obvious question? You don't need to practice law for 25 years to figure out the answer to your question. Try "logic."

And then fill the tires up on your trailer.

IAAL

rmet4nzkx

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

I don't do "manners" or "etiquette". This is a legal site, not Miss Manners. Do you know what "logic" means?

Did you really need someone to give you an answer to such an obvious question? You don't need to practice law for 25 years to figure out the answer to your question. Try "logic."

And then fill the tires up on your trailer.

IAAL
IAAL,
Your learned opinion is needed.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=274577&page=2
OP who is Blonde, claims to be from CA but is citing AZ caselaw. :rolleyes:

rmet4nzkx

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

It's even more stupid than this thread, and this thread was very stupid.

I can't believe you stayed with that thread as long as you did.

IAAL
Well I enjoyed researching the blonde jokes being a redhead myself, I couldn't pass up that opportunity, what a wealth of material! But I needed help when she started citing Roadrunner case law :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">