• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

14-year-old male (me) sexually assaulted by 13-year-old male. What can I do to report it?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ZB108191

I am a 15-year-old male who lives in Iowa and was sexually assaulted a year ago by a now-ex-boyfriend. One day he had came over to my house and after we hung out on my couch watching TV, he touched me in personal areas (with my family in the house, mind you) and persisted even though I kept moving his hand away and even left to go to the bathroom to calm myself. Eventually he made me go into my room and proceeded to orally rape me. I gave him my (non-existing, because I'm a minor) consent and soon after he left, only to break up with me in a couple of weeks. I've also heard from some peers that he did similar things with other friends of his. What can I do to report what he did to me?

quincy

I am a 15-year-old male who lives in Iowa and was sexually assaulted a year ago by a now-ex-boyfriend. One day he had came over to my house and after we hung out on my couch watching TV, he touched me in personal areas (with my family in the house, mind you) and persisted even though I kept moving his hand away and even left to go to the bathroom to calm myself. Eventually he made me go into my room and proceeded to orally rape me. I gave him my (non-existing, because I'm a minor) consent and soon after he left, only to break up with me in a couple of weeks. I've also heard from some peers that he did similar things with other friends of his. What can I do to report what he did to me?
You report it to your parents, your doctor, your counselor, the police ... anyone you feel comfortable speaking to honestly and openly. The trusted adult will be able to guide you.

I am sorry this happened to you.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Report it to the police in the municipality where the alleged crime occurred.

While you have no physical evidence, if enough victims report him, there may eventually be a case.

Also, get counseling or therapy for yourself. This was a traumatizing experience and you need emotional support.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You have an issue in that you gave consent. Both of you were under the age of consent so therefore you both raped each other unless there was force or threats. From what you have stated there wasn't. You never should have given him consent to have sex with you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">