• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17 in Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tchaney

I am 17 and I live in Texas with my mother. I need to leave the house, I turn 18 in lees than three months and graduate in four. I have a full time job and support myself 100% minus rent but I could cover that also. My father supports my moving out. If i live with friends until I am 18 with his permission does she have legal recourse? Against my friends or my father?
Also how will this affect the child support he pays?

hiking007dawn

tchaney said:
I am 17 and I live in Texas with my mother. I need to leave the house, I turn 18 in lees than three months and graduate in four. I have a full time job and support myself 100% minus rent but I could cover that also. My father supports my moving out. If i live with friends until I am 18 with his permission does she have legal recourse? Against my friends or my father?
Also how will this affect the child support he pays?[/QUO

Currently I'm searching for the law code that states that you may move out at age 17 (in Texas) tomorrow I will have the info. Call your local police dept. and ask, as an officer is helping me to locate the law code.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">