• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17y/old working in nude bathhouse then fired and lost vacation pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

robosimono

What is the name of your state? Washington
Hello, when i was 17 years old, i was working in a nude mens bath house in a new resort in the columbia river gorge. I am 22 now, but at the time i was fired a month after i had been there a year. Am i entitled to my vacation pay? in my contract it said that employees who worked for more than a year would receive a one week paid vacation. They fired me because i stayed the night in a co-workers room after working a long shift, but i didn't sign in to the front desk (violation of their policy). After which the manager took me into his office, closed the door, and picked up a cone and yelled into my ear (are you an IDOT!) Im not sure of the laws, but aren't minors supposed to not be working nude mens bath houses? do i have a case by any means?

And yes, i did receive several sexual advances from gay men.

Last edited:

Beth3

Im not sure of the laws, but aren't minors supposed to not be working nude mens bath houses? Nobody is supposed to be working in the nude in a mens' bath house. That's not exactly an ideal career choice for anyone.

I'll have to check reference materials tomorrow to see if Washington requires the payout of vacation upon separation but the answer is irrelevant. It's been five years, which is way to late to file a wage complaint with your State's DOL.

robosimono

i was not working "in the nude", i was working, fully dressed. And as for career choice, not exactly a career, it was a job as a teenager. however, as a college student, the times are tough, so if i see a chance to get back something that was rightfully mine, I'll take it. Thank you all for your information.

pattytx

We didn't necessarily assume that YOU were nude when working. As a matter of fact, it might have been that it was illegal for you to be working in such an establishment at your age, no matter how you were dressed. What we're saying is that you would have to file a civil suit. If you were only 17 when this happened, you couldn't have worked there very long, thus not earning very much vacation. Plus, an employer in your state only has to pay out accrued vacation at termination if the company policy is that they do so.

I understand college students' finances, although it's been a long time since I've been one.:rolleyes: I'm just saying, that 5 years later, your chances of prevailing in a law suit would not be good.

Beth3

We didn't necessarily assume that YOU were nude when working. Um, I did as I misunderstood his opening comment "when i was 17 years old, i was working in a nude mens bath house". I figured everybody was in the nude, including the employees. But then I don't frequent men's nude bathhouses much so I wouldn't know. :)

pattytx

We didn't necessarily assume that YOU were nude when working. Um, I did as I misunderstood his opening comment "when i was 17 years old, i was working in a nude mens bath house". I figured everybody was in the nude, including the employees. But then I don't frequent men's nude bathhouses much so I wouldn't know. :)
You don't? Boy, and I thought I knew you. ;):D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">