• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

18 wheeler parks outside my house for 2 weeks now..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rudolfwstock

What is the name of your state? Florida

I live in Orlando Florida. City codes are clear- no truck parking in a residential area . What is not clear what actually the area is defined where the 18 wheeler truck is parked . On both sides of the road we have residential communities , so both are considered to be on residential zoning. But what about the road in between ? Does it belong to the residential area ?
My problem is an 18 wheeler that is parked between road and our community wall -right outside my house . From my living room I can see the truck parked outside the wall. Code enforcement is not clear ,if the grass area between wall and road (like 10 feet ) is or is no longer residential . With that, the code would not apply to this truck parking outside my house.
However, both sides of the road are residential . The area where the truck is now parked for 2 full weeks is maintained grass . I called around and it seems nobody at Code enforcement and the Sherriffs office is engaged and i get constantly different answers. And nothing is done. Meanwhile a second truck is now parked behind the other one and my neighborhood turns into a truck parking area ... I am just not understanding how it can be that a 18 wheeler is just parked there for weeks at a time and nobody at law enforcement seems to care . Somebody knows about the zoning or has input what else i could do to stop this craziness ? (Our HOA is not interested doing anything ,they just want to enforce our house colors ...)

It's not a case of a street being zoned residential it's an area of land which includes everything within it's boundary.
http://www.cityoforlando.net/gis/zoning/
If your area is residential go back to the SO and tell them you want the trucks cited or towed. You will not be warmly welcomed but stand your ground and ask for a superior officer if the deputy starts giving you the run around.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">