• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

18 year old with a first offence and im scared

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

see_oh_letti

Hi, I live in Georgia and my my court date is this
weekend and i'm scared.I just turned 18 ten months
ago and a month ago I got caught stealing under $500 (171.06 to be exact)while I was working. I've never been in
trouble with the law and this weekend is my court date. What will happen to me? Would I have a criminal record now? On job aplication do I have to check the yes box for
"HAVE YOU EVER BEEN CONVICTED WITH A FELONY OR MISDEMENEOR". This is my first offence? How long will
this be on my record? How long do I have to wait to get it off my record? Is this my first step to the wrong road? Will it be hard to find a job? Sorry for all
the questions. I'm scared and worried, because i've
always wanted a good life for me, and I think I messed
up my life for good, please help!!!!

[Edited by see_oh_letti on 12-14-2000 at 01:20 AM]

T

tompy

Don't be afraid. If this is your first offense, and you are willing to make full restituition your chances of getting PTI (pre trial intervention)and with holding adjudication, you should get probation. If you fulfill all your obligations ordered by the court while you are on probation, then at the end of your probation period, your record will be wiped clean and you can start over with a clean slate. At least that is the way it works in Florida, so ask your attorney or public defender about PTI and see what they say. Good Luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">