• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1958 child PR green card needs renewal in 2005

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? MO.
Received a green card at 7. Father naturalized prior to my 15th BD, Mother citizan by birth but out of the Country too long. I fall into this 2 year gap (aprox) 1956-1958 law which disallows me from claiming Citizanship through Father. 2.5 year younger Brother had no problem and ....while in prison.
I haven't kept up with the green card stuff at all. Figured I was an American--period. I was a Child, figured at 21, I became a citizan--figured wrong~!
The SSA is telling me that I am indeed me, which I find assuring but I have no status to them and didn't give me my SS card. Saw a 1996 law which probably explains it?
I'm now wondering what is going on with all the time lapse. I do have the number A-******* but not the card from when I was 7. Will these people be mean to me? What do I do? Dang....why are they bothering me with this stuff, I've been here forever.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential