• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1st offense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

concernedmom

my 15 year old son stole 2 bottles of liquir from a store. he is a 4 year honor roll student and has never been in trouble before. Is a lawyer needed. what kind of sentance can he get. we live in michigan.

P

peter

He is asking for attention, some to listen to him, he has problems, like maybe he's gay, and you wont listen......

No kidding.....honor roll and crime...it goes hand it hand with a big secret!

N

njc

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by concernedmom:
my 15 year old son stole 2 bottles of liquir from a store. he is a 4 year honor roll student and has never been in trouble before. Is a lawyer needed. what kind of sentance can he get. we live in michigan.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
yes you need a lawyer. if you can't afford one you will be given an application to the public defender's office at his first hearing. as to his sentence, in juvenile court, his grades, his record in the community, the circumstances of the crime will all be taken into consideration. he may be placed on probation and/or ordered to counseling, he may have to do community service. i'm not familiar with juvenile procedures in MI but i HAVE sat in on hearings in several states and they seem to follow this formula. i don't think his penalty will be too harsh considering the circumstances, but he WILL be made to accept responsibility in one form or another.
i'm not a lawyer...just work with kids in trouble

E

Edward

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by peter:
No kidding.....honor roll and crime...it goes hand it hand with a big secret!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great line !

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by peter:
". . . he has problems, like maybe he's gay."
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Peter, you have one heck of an imagination. Where did that thought come from?

Perhaps, you have something "Freudian" you wish to share with the rest of us?

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

A

another mom

As much as I hate them.....
You ALWAYS need a lawyer. They can do things with one phone call that you can't accomplish on your own..ever.
Been there, done that...too many times.

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by another mom:
As much as I hate them.....
You ALWAYS need a lawyer. They can do things with one phone call that you can't accomplish on your own..ever.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, the things I can do with a telephone.. now sir, either do as I say or bend over and prepare to receive a telephone..

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LegalBeagle:
Oh, the things I can do with a telephone.. now sir, either do as I say or bend over and prepare to receive a telephone..

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Too, too, funny!!

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">