• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 tickets! Need urgent advice.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rra

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? IL
I recd a speeding tkt over a month back, for going 49 in a 35 zone. I know that cops usually hide on that road to give tkts, so I had kept an eye on my speed (didnt cross 40) while passing a car. But when the cop said I was going 49, I didnt argue. I paid the fine, and will be attending the 4 hr traffic safety class this weekend.
My problem- last week I was driving well below the speed limit, it started raining, and when the traffic light went red, I braked hard but my tires skid and my car didnt stop. I hit the car in front of me, but there was no injury to any party/car. I gave him my insurance info, by then a cop came, and gave me a citation. He marked 'court app not reqd'. But this being my 2nd tkt, what r my options to not have this on my record and not get points? Do I plead 'not guilty' (I had maintained a good distance and did try to brake). Or do I plead 'guilty' and request the 8-hr class? If I plead guilty, do I still have to go to court and pay court dues, even though my tkt says I need not go to court.
To top all this, I am leaving the country for 4 months on 8th sept. Do I hv to prepone the court date? Please help!
Thanks

Thumper22

I feel your pain!

I understand what you are going through. I am the one who wrote about the 3 errors on my ticket. I also received a citation for rear-ending a driver. I already had 2 speeding tickets. I was coming around a bend, it was raining, the driver in front lost control, he bounced off the curb and he struck me. The officer cited him for the accident. However, the next day he cited me. I am going to fight it. I also had to drive 35 minutes to pick it up or he was going to go to my place of work. If I were you, I would fight the ticket and argue it was not due to driving within an unsafe distance, it was failure of equipment. It is a lesser fine without points being added to your license.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">