• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 week notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CacoCaco

What is the name of your state? California
I recently worked for a wirless phone carrier and got a new job with one of their competitors. When I put my 2-week notice in I was told to leave right away and that I would be paid for my 2-weeks. 1 month later I still have not received pay, and now was told it was not their policy to pay for 2-week notice. My question is, Is it california law for them to pay, If not could I take them to small calims court and win.......

stephenk

there is no law requiring you to give 2 weeks notice or any notice to quit. When you decided to quit, your employer had the right to tell you to stop working that day. They are not required to pay you for 2 weeks after you stopped working for them. If you have been paid up to the day you stopped working you have no further claim for additional pay.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

CacoCaco said:
What is the name of your state? California
I recently worked for a wirless phone carrier and got a new job with one of their competitors. When I put my 2-week notice in I was told to leave right away and that I would be paid for my 2-weeks. 1 month later I still have not received pay, and now was told it was not their policy to pay for 2-week notice. My question is, Is it california law for them to pay, If not could I take them to small calims court and win.......

My response:

You have nothing. California does not require an employer to pay you for time you didn't work - - even if you gave two weeks "notice". The fact is, you didn't work during those two weeks. Additionally, you can't prove their alleged oral statement to you. Time to move on.

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My comment:

Hey, Stephen - -

I'd still beat your ass on a Motion to Quash a subpoena for medical records. Want a copy of one of my sample Motions?

IAAL

stephenk

You mean reveal my secret identity???????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, never, never, never, shall you find out who I am!!!!!!!!!!!

you can email me a copy, if you have it on your computer, at [email protected]

Thanks. I will dissect the motion and determine its weaknesses and then I shall be the most powerful attorney in the world!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

stephenk said:
You mean reveal my secret identity???????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, never, never, never, shall you find out who I am!!!!!!!!!!!

you can email me a copy, if you have it on your computer, at [email protected]

Thanks. I will dissect the motion and determine its weaknesses and then I shall be the most powerful attorney in the world!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

My response:

Well, on second thought, no. I'll wait until we meet on the battlefield. Who was it that said, "they will give us the rope that I will use to hang them." Some Rusky Premier, I think.

Hey, aren't we supposed to meet for a hearing in Division 106 on Monday?

IAAL

P.S. Love the e-mail address.

stephenk

nope it aint me. I am in pasadena on monday morning.

Do I detect a chink in the armor? the pebbles I toss at you shall become boulders of destruction!!!!!!!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Paper, scissors, rock - - - STEAMROLLER !

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh, and please, stop making ethnic slurs . . .

". . . chink in the armor."

We don't use "chink" anymore. We now use the politically correct phrase, "slanty-eyed dent in the armor." Please make the appropriate corrections.

IAAL

Last edited:
A

ahutchGA

StephenK or IAAL...

Some jurors get all the fun. I'd love to be seated in a CA court, watching you two pitted against each other in a courtroom.

Any chance that would happen anytime soon?
:)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: StephenK or IAAL...

ahutchGA said:
Some jurors get all the fun. I'd love to be seated in a CA court, watching you two pitted against each other in a courtroom.

Any chance that would happen anytime soon?
:)

My response:

Who knows - - we're anonymous on the boards. However, I will say this, I have not, nor has my office in general, lost a trial or a Motion in about 3 years or more.

So, if Stephen and I, or someone from my office, have actually met on the "battlefield", we undoubtedly blew Stephen out of the water, and sent him back to his office chair with his tail between his legs. Oh, and let's not forget all of that "sanction" money!

IAAL

stephenk

undefeated in trials. $0 money awarded.

that may change soon, since our carrier is now forcing some cases to trial where I know we owe money and the jury is going to award money but the carrier wants plaintiff to work for the money. Like I have nothing better to do.

hey wait, i'm on this board typing inane comments so i must have something better to do. Damn, foiled by my own logic.

oh well, back to typing a letter to a plaintiff's attorney sending him medical and employment records of his client and telling him how his client lied about his identity, past employment and subsequent hospital admittance in his deposition. But first I must chase some of the secretaries around their desks.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">