• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 weeks notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

javagirl71

What is the name of your state? Oregon.
I know the courtesy in the work industry is to give at least 2 weeks notice when leaving a job. Is there any law the requires 2 or more weeks notice when leaving a job? Does it matter whether you are salaried or hourly?

Litigation!

javagirl71 said:
What is the name of your state? Oregon.
I know the courtesy in the work industry is to give at least 2 weeks notice when leaving a job. Is there any law the requires 2 or more weeks notice when leaving a job? Does it matter whether you are salaried or hourly?

My response:

Unless you have a written contract to the contrary concerning this subject, there is simply NO LAW that requires ANY notice. It wouldn't matter if you're an exempt or non-exempt employee - - the employer has a right to fire you on a moment's notice, and you have a right to quit on a moment's notice.

It's called "At-Will" employment.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">