• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

22350 VC - no radar used

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RecentTicket

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Recevied a speed ticket for 35+ in a 25 MPH school zone. No radar was used and officer stated heavy traffic with children/peds.

Had just pulled out of the high school and another white truck was riding my bumper, this truck sped up chaged lanes & cut me off. Officer stated he saw the other truck but he could only pull over one person and it was me.

What is the best option for fighting the ticket. I have no points or Violations on my DMV.

The Occultist

If you have a clean record you should be eligible for traffic school. There are plenty of threads on this site that deal with speeding in CA, including ways to fight the ticket (do note that fighting the ticket may get the traffic school option removed from the table).

I_Got_Banned

You have not stated that you WEREN'T speeding...
Yeah... You can click on the EDIT button and add that in... :D J/K

I think he's going with this as his argument:
another white truck was riding my bumper
Highly doubtfull that will work though... Someone might argue that you had other options that would have accomplished the same result (of the truck passing you) instead of allowing him to dictate how fast you should drive.

If you have a clean record you should be eligible for traffic school. There are plenty of threads on this site that deal with speeding in CA, including ways to fight the ticket (do note that fighting the ticket may get the traffic school option removed from the table).
True, true and true... Add the fact that 22350 does give you some flexibility as far as the defense, however "heavy traffic with children/peds" can be a good size hurdle... You might wanna do a search on "informal discovery request" and get started on that. That will give you some insight into their case which may prove helpful.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">