• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

25 year old accident in nz

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joe1968

we have lived at our address here in Tokoroa for 15 years and have good credit. we have a house loan 25000 and went to extend the loan by 7000 to pay our only other debt my wifes credit card.
The credit check came back and there was a 4500 debt at first I could not remember the debt , the only thing I can think of was a car accident that happened literally over 25 years ago. when I was young I was paying it weekly then times got tough and we agreed a payment of $5 per week I did this for about 5-10 years then something happened I dont know what and we lost touch I thought it was paid. now 25 years after the initial accident another claim for $4500 has been made its now been over 25 years since the accident is there a statute of limitations that can force baycorp to remove the claim or should I continue to pay . so fat I have not accepted any liability and I am awaiting the loan people for the new loan to contact tomorrow as they may still accept the loan. and I am awaiting baycorp to give more details just incase someone else used my name and this claim is fraud. please advise

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">