• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2nd dui TN

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Tennessee

Got a second DUI . My first DUI was 1 year ago in Michigan. Will Tennessee charge me for 2nd offense? Will they be able to see or use my first DUI from Michigan?

Right now I am charged as a first time offender. I do believe Michigan and Tennessee are not apart of the Interstate Driver's License Compact.

""The list of states, below, indicates whether a given state belongs to the Interstate Driver's License Compact, and if so, the year they joined. Wisconsin, Tennessee, Georgia, Massachusetts, and Michigan are all Non-compact states and don't share Drunk Driving (DUI and DWI) conviction information.""

Last edited:

Ok funny thing is now I read the police report. The officer stated I was going 80 in a 55 mph speed zone, but infact i drove past the area yesterday and it is a 70 MPH speed zone. So it looks like he may have screwed up.:eek:

Welp,
went to court today. Gt offered a DUI the 1st.. So glad they didnt count it as my 2nd DUI. They didnt catch my 1st DUI from Michigan so i took the DUI plea QUUUUICK!!!

The cop also made a mistake on the report and said the speed limit was 55MPH when indeed it was 70 MPH so who knows, I probably could had beaten the DUI or got a better deal but I didnt want to stretch my luck and then have them find out about my 1st DUI..:D:D:D

So all I got is a DUI 1st, 1 year suspension with restricted licensed ASAP, and 24 hours roadside trash pickup

FlyingRon

They didn't charge you with a speeding related offense so it is immaterial unless you he stated you were doing a speed which was, in fact, legal and that was the reason for the stop you might be able to challenge probable cause for the stop.

But that's all water under the bridge now.

The compact just mandates that states will give reciprocity on the charges. All states participate in the NDR which means that yes they should have been able to find your first conviction and based on the statute counted it. You were lucky.

Please do us all a favor and avoid a third.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">