• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2nd Job Issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sum1ShootMe

What is the name of your state?MN

My husband and I have decided that I will have the children and he will see them whenever he can. Is there a way to set up a schedule? He is in the military, so he is gone a lot during the week, and doesn't have much say there - but he also has a 2nd job on the weekends (A STRIP CLUB - no, I'm not bitter :rolleyes: )

He thinks it's perfectly ok to pick the girls up on Sunday morning and drop them off sunday night. I, on the other hand, don't think that is even close to enough time. Not to mention that he would have worked all through the night on Saturday and be exhausted come Sunday. Is there anything I can do legally to get him to nix that 2nd job so he can see the girls every weekend? Now that I've said it out loud, I know I'll probably get bashed... but he doesn't NEED this second job.. he's doing it for extra spending money - which is nice, but not at the expense of seeing his girls.

This sounds a little like FORCING him to see his girls. But I'm willing to take a beating in here if I can find out if maybe there's something I can do. I know it's possible to call his chain of command and get the job nixed super quick - but I don't want to do that if there's something else I can do.

Thanks
(Bracing Herself)

LdiJ

Sum1ShootMe said:
What is the name of your state?MN

My husband and I have decided that I will have the children and he will see them whenever he can. Is there a way to set up a schedule? He is in the military, so he is gone a lot during the week, and doesn't have much say there - but he also has a 2nd job on the weekends (A STRIP CLUB - no, I'm not bitter :rolleyes: )

He thinks it's perfectly ok to pick the girls up on Sunday morning and drop them off sunday night. I, on the other hand, don't think that is even close to enough time. Not to mention that he would have worked all through the night on Saturday and be exhausted come Sunday. Is there anything I can do legally to get him to nix that 2nd job so he can see the girls every weekend? Now that I've said it out loud, I know I'll probably get bashed... but he doesn't NEED this second job.. he's doing it for extra spending money - which is nice, but not at the expense of seeing his girls.

This sounds a little like FORCING him to see his girls. But I'm willing to take a beating in here if I can find out if maybe there's something I can do. I know it's possible to call his chain of command and get the job nixed super quick - but I don't want to do that if there's something else I can do.

Thanks
(Bracing Herself)
You can't force him to spend time with the kids...and you shouldn't try. All that would do is make things worse for the kids by ratcheting up the hostilities between their parents.

Sum1ShootMe

You're right.

What kind of custody situation are we looking at then? Would I have sole custody? Would we have joint custody? Also - when he works this 2nd job, anytime he gets still, he is asleep - so if he did come get the kids on Sundays, he would need to take them somewhere or be out running with them. Our children are still "babies" and it's happened before where he fell asleep and one of the girls got hurt (not a serious injury). Could THAT be written in there somewhere?

Thanks again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">