• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3 Questions-Please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Birddog257

What is the name of your state? IL

1) I need to send a 2nd validation letter to a CA. The CA does not show up on the Credit report (except as a inquiry-see ques 2). From what I can tell, There is nothing negative on my credit report, no collection items. All of the samples I have seen ask to have the negative information removed off the Credit Report. What do I ask them to do if they can not validate? I just want this to end if they cant validate.

2) What is the affect of a "Inquiry", is this bad? The CA name is listed in the "Inquiry section" of the equifax 3 in 1 credit report. The report only says the name of the CA In addition, I did NOT give the CA permission to access my report.

3) Anyone else notice that the 30-day validation and dispute letters are the same, both are directed to a credit CRA, neither to CA.

Ladynred

First, which site have you used for the sample letters ?

3 - All of the ones I've seen all have notes that say they can be used for either a CRA OR a CA. The thing is, you just modify them to suit your needs.. you don't have to leave verbage in that doesn't apply.

2 - Depends on wheter its a 'soft' inquiry or a 'hard'. Hard DOES have an affect on your scores.. in the negative. The folks at www.creditnet.com discussions can explain it in detail.

1 - If the cannot validate, they have to cease collection efforts and remove any negative information from your report. Since you have no negative entries, then they simply must stop collections.

Ask WhyChat over at www.cardreport.com discussions area, maybe he can give you a more succinct answer :(

B

Birddog257

Ladynred, I have looked at the samples at creditnet etc..

I know that the samples says it could be used for a CA, and you say "you don't have to leave verbage in that doesn't apply"
but think about this and please correct me if I am wrong:

The 30 days stuff does not apply to a CA. A collection agency has no time limits in which to respond to a debt validation, none. The FCRA 30 day time limit is imposed on a Credit Burea and the FDCPA 30 day limit is the amount of time the consyumer must respond.

See where I am going with this, The only thing in the sample I can use is the 1st paragraph.

This is why I dont know what to ask for other than I guess validation but if they dont validate how do I know if this is a dead issue? I think I would like something that states "We made a mistake, you are free and clear of the debt" but I know I would not get anything like that, would I?
:(

T

totallybroke

according to this it does apply to the CA

§ 611. Procedure in case of disputed accuracy [15 U.S.C. § 1681i]

(a) Reinvestigations of disputed information.

(1) Reinvestigation required.

(A) In general. If the completeness or accuracy of any item of information contained in a consumer's file at a consumer reporting agency is disputed by the consumer and the consumer notifies the agency directly of such dispute, the agency shall reinvestigate free of charge and record the current status of the disputed information, or delete the item from the file in accordance with paragraph (5), before the end of the 30-day period beginning on the date on which the agency receives the notice of the dispute from the consumer.

(B) Extension of period to reinvestigate. Except as provided in subparagraph (C), the 30-day period described in subparagraph (A) may be extended for not more than 15 additional days if the consumer reporting agency receives information from the consumer during that 30-day period that is relevant to the reinvestigation.

(C) Limitations on extension of period to reinvestigate. Subparagraph (B) shall not apply to any reinvestigation in which, during the 30-day period described in subparagraph (A), the information that is the subject of the reinvestigation is found to be inaccurate or incomplete or the consumer reporting agency determines that the information cannot be verified.

§ 623. Responsibilities of furnishers of information to consumer reporting agencies [15 U.S.C. § 1681s-2]

(2) Deadline. A person shall complete all investigations, reviews, and reports required under paragraph (1) regarding information provided by the person to a consumer reporting agency, before the expiration of the period under section 611(a)(1) [§ 1681i] within which the consumer reporting agency is required to complete actions required by that section regarding that information.

At least I think I am reading this correctly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">