• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3 strikes law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jeff lanham

What is the name of your state? IL

Does IL have a "3 strikes and your out" type of law?

dequeendistress

Yes, in every baseball and softball game.

What you are inquiring about I assume is the FEDERAL statute, 18 U.S.C. § 3559 c

Last edited:
J

jeff lanham

3 strikes

heck no - never been to jail - good, decent, law abiding american - the three strike question is on behalf of a coworker whose son regretfully has accumulated the aforementioned three strikes - he turns 18 this year but the transgressions will follow him into adulthood - she is thinking about moving from arizona (has 3 strikes) back home to illinois provided il has not adopted the same kind of law

J

jeff lanham

Maj -

clarification is in order - we live in AZ, which passed 3 strikes law - the youth in question has two strikes (at age 17) - - my friend the y ouths mom thought about moviing to il, her home state, if there was a chance that her son could be free there of the hammer poised over his stupid, lawbreaking little head

make sense finallly? whew - i need to work on my communication skills - please dont banish me somplace

dequeendistress

FYI:

The federal government has passed a "three-strikes" law of its own. It applies to people who are charged with a federal crime, to be tried in the federal court system.

mykoleary

if there was a chance that her son could be free there of the hammer poised over his stupid, lawbreaking little head
Sounds like the youth needs this hammer poised over his stupid law breaking head.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">