• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

30 Day notice or 60?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Aerogsd

My husband and I moved to Alabama last January and rented a duplex the 1st of February. We are from FL and there if it is not stated otherwise in the lease you are required to give 30 days notice either way to let the landlord know if you are staying or not. Our lease is up on Jan. 31 and we just received a notice from the management company stating that we have until the 1st of Dec. to notify them if we are staying or not and that if we are not that they will begin showing the property. That is 60 days notice and it is not specified in the lease. I really don't want people showing my house during the Christmas holidays if they are not legally allowed to. What is the law in Alabama?
Thank you for your help.
Lori

J

Jack Mevorach, Esq.

Don't know. This website has resources you can check, though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">