• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

30 day notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Baymonterey

What is the name of your state?Arizona
I have a monthly rental agreement and I gave my 30 day notice to leave 7 days late. In my lease, it said that if I leave the house in as good a condition as when I moved in, I will get my security deposit back. In another paragraph it said that if I don't give a minimum of 30 days notice, I agree to forfeit my deposit. I will be leaving the house in good condition. Will I get my deposit back?
Thanks
I

PghREA

This is a reading comprehension problem

I have a monthly rental agreement and I gave my 30 day notice to leave 7 days late. In my lease, it said that if I leave the house in as good a condition as when I moved in, I will get my security deposit back. In another paragraph it said that if I don't give a minimum of 30 days notice, I agree to forfeit my deposit. I will be leaving the house in good condition. Will I get my deposit back?
Thanks

You have only given a 23 day notice, you will forfeit your deposit even though you leave the apartment in as good a condition as when you moved in.

Baymonterey

I just found out my landlord rented the house as of Oct. 1. This means he didn't lose any money because of my late 30 day notice. Can he still charge me the security deposit being he didn't lose any money?

bdancer

Ask him real nice and maybe he will return your deposit since he was able to re-rent so quickly. However, unless your lease stipulates that you get your deposit back if re-rented without down time, he can keep your deposit.

And the two paragraphs don't contradict each other. It's additional terms for return of your deposit -- 30 day notice AND no damages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">