• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

30 day notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ande16

I live in California and my roommate/landlord gave me 30 day notice on November 13, 2000. In the 30 day notice letter that she gave me she stated that I must vacate the apartment on December 16th, 2000 and pay the prorated rent from December 1st - December 16th, 2000. I did not sign anything that states that I agree with this letter. My question is, am I responsible for the prorated rent for December 14th - December 16th, 2000?

Thanks!,
Andrea

[Edited by ande16 on 12-02-2000 at 10:12 PM]

Lawyers are reasonable

Who says lawyers can't be agreeable?

What discussions did you have when you moved in about splitting the rent? Are there other roommates? Whose on the lease?

These types of questions among former roommates are really difficult and some day someone is going to create a super written form agreement to highlight the problem areas and suggest reasonable solutions.

HomeGuru

The writer did not state the full details and intentions thus a yes or no answer. If the writer stays until Dec 16th then of course rent is owed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">