• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

30 Day Notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NHfather

What is the name of your state? NH.
Today is May 8th I'd like to be in the new house by July 1st, and need to give 30 days notice (May 31st???) and use my last months deposit for June' rent. Is this correct?
Another ???? When I do tell My LL does he have the right to come in to look it over or does he still need to work around my being there? I'd like to tell him ASAP he's been great to us but with a 3 and 4 year old trampling over there carpets for 3 years I'd like time to clean the carpet good before he comes in to look it over and or to show it.

treese

Do you have a fixed term lease? Is it expiring? Or do you have a month to month tenancy?

What does your lease state regarding the issues that you mention?

A 30 day notice should include a full rental period - to vacate on or before June 30, you need to give notice on or before May 31.

The security deposit cannot be used as the last month's rent. The landlord can file an eviction due to non-payment if you fail to pay the last month's rent.

The landlord has the right to enter to show the property to potential tenants, with reasonable notice. You should not unreasonably withhold consent for him to enter.

You can ask the landlord to do a preliminary walk through inspection while you are still occupying the rental, but a full walk through would be done after you have vacated and returned possession.

NHfather

tenent at will the lease expired 2 years ago. Upon signing said lease we payed him first last and 1/2 months security. so if i tell him on 5/31 that I'm moving out 7/1 my june rent is covered? and I've meet all requirements?

moburkes

tenent at will the lease expired 2 years ago. Upon signing said lease we payed him first last and 1/2 months security. so if i tell him on 5/31 that I'm moving out 7/1 my june rent is covered? and I've meet all requirements?
Yes, your June rent is covered as long as there hasn't been a rent increase since the first lease. If there has been a rent increase, then you owe him the difference. Yes, as long as you leave the place in good condition, you will be covered.

Kazzie

Make sure you give your 30 day notice in writing and mail certified so you have proof if you should need it.

FarmerJ

There is no reason you cannot send notice now so the LL cannot even attempt to claim they didnt get notice. About the carpets yeah get them cleaned by a local firm so they are done proffesionally. then you will have ample time to haul off to a self storage unit every thing you wont need, you will be able to concentrate on cleaning more easily and taking pics of the unit to show how clean you left it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">