• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

30 days money back guarantee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Alex.Mills

I bought an online product which had a 30 days money back guarantee if not satisfied. Later on I asked the seller for a refund saying I was not satisfied but he wants me to prove and convince him that I am not. I said my reasons but he asked other, more personal questions which I don't want to answer. Does he have the right to deny the guarantee if I don't answer those questions?

The terms and conditions basically say: 1. "site" offers a full, 30-day money back guarantee on all Products. 2. If you are not satisfied with any of the Products you have purchased from "site", you may request a refund by contacting us within 30 days of purchasing.

Is it forced or at the discretion of the seller?

If it is forced, what do I do?
If it is at the discretion of the seller, shouldn't there have been another clause in the terms and conditions warning of that?

(I live in Canada and the seller in Australia)

Last edited:

PayrollHRGuy

This is forum is for US law only.

But if the website and the seller are two different entities I suggest you contact the website's customer service as they seem to be the ones who made the guarantee.

adjusterjack

(I live in Canada and the seller in Australia)
That says it all. He knows damned well you can't do anything to him if he messes with you.

If the "site" (like eBay) has it's own refund guarantee I also suggest you stop messing with the seller and escalate to the site's procedure.

What I like about buying on eBay these days is if I don't get satisfaction from a seller, eBay will refund the money and then get it back from the seller. eBay seems to routinely favor the buyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">