• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

341 MTG. AND "CLOSED"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

i_m_n_debt

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?IL

I am not certain anyone will know what I am talking about, but------

I read either here on the board or in the Nolo Book something about making sure that the Trustee "closed" the meeting when it was finished. (I THINK that was the term.) It said that otherwise the creditors would have more than just the 60 days in which to oppose, or whatever.

Anyone know what I am trying to say???

Thanks.

bigun

You've got something confused. The petitioner has no say in when a trustee will close the bk. Creditors have 60 days from the 341 to file written objections. If there are none, the trustee will send a discharge letter a few days or weeks later. They'll then close it at their leisure. It all depends on the workload of the trustee. Do not tell them how to do their job!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">