• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

4 wheeler 3rd party transaction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CHRISTAL03

I am in florida. I don't know where to begin. Basically; i let a friend take over payments on a four wheeler. He sent 1 payment by check 3 weeks late. Moved with vehicle and didn't tell me. Didn't take my calls for 3 months with no payment. Wouldn't give me his address for me to go get the atv. Tried to report it stolen and was told i entered a 3rd party transaction since i accepted payment and i had to sue him. He dumped atv off in someone's yard and i picked it up. Tore it up. Owes 6722.22 cents for payoff plus over 500 in back payments. Have left messages and text messages asking for payment; payment arrangement; and gave options to pay for damages or get a loan for atv. Wouldn't call back or talk to us. Contacted his mom on myspace 3 days ago. He got mad so yesterday he called the police and had him call us and tell us never to call or text friend again (he left message on voicemail with no call back number) even though the guy never told us to not call or anything and told the officer to tell us to take him to court. Still don't have his address. Stripped breaks, cut holes in the frame; tore the atv up! Do i have a chance in court?

CHRISTAL03

Oh yeah, and no written agreement on him taking over payments just the one check plus 20 people that heard him tell them he bought it from us and was making payments

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">